Firebase is a platform that many users and startups use to build and ship their apps with very little effort. We are not only talking about the support and tools for the web but also for mobile applications, analytics, crash reporting, and more.
However, Firebase is not the only platform that offers such features. Here are a couple of extra options that can help you grow or launch your applications.
Supabase is an open-source Firebase alternative that includes these features:
- Databases (Extensions, Functions, Triggers, Webhooks, Backups, Search, Secrets and encryption, Database migrations)
- Authentication (Email & Password Logins, Magic Links, Social Logins, Phone Logins, etc.)
- APIs & Client libraries (Realtime Database changes, Auto-generated GraphQL/REST API)
- File Storage (Large File storage, Storage CDN)
- Edge Functions (Deno Edge Functions)
- Project Managment (CLI, Management API)
You can find the complete list here https://supabase.com/docs/guides/features
The Free Plan offers the following:
- 2 projects
- Up to 500MB database & 1GB file storage.
- Up to 2GB bandwidth.
- Up to 50MB file uploads
- Social OAuth providers
- 50,000 monthly active users
- Up to 500K Edge Function invocations
- 1-day log retention
- Community support
- Free projects are paused after 1 week of inactivity.
More info about the Supabase pricing here https://supabase.com/pricing
Appwrite is considered as a secure open-source self-hosted backend server for Web and Mobile applications.
- Databases (Store, query and manage access control to your app documents)
- Auth and Users (Manage users using multiple sign in methods)
- Storage (Upload, download and preview your app and users files)
- Functions (Run your backend code in a secure environment
- GEO and Localisation (Detect your users location and fetch GEO data)
- Console (Track your backend API usage)
- Privacy (Easily setup Appwrite self-hosted solution on your infrastructure)
- Security (End-to-end security for your backend APIs)