If you are just starting in game development or even if you are a curious person that wanted to know how to develop a simple game, then this free course is four you.
The following list describes what you are going to learn according Aleksandra Nowak (the author of this course):
- Display, position, and move filled shapes for retro and prototype gameplay.
- Move a ball around your game space such that it bounces off boundaries.
- Handle real-time mouse input.
- Detect and respond to simple collisions.
- Program very basic artificial intelligence.
- Keep and display score during play.
- Understand the subtle, key difference between a classic game in this style which is fun to play versus one that isn’t.
- Define and code a win condition and end state for your game.
The only things you need to have installed in your PC/Mac is a simple text editor like Visual Studio Code, Atom or Sublime, etc and a browser.